MyBankTracker rated American Express Bank, FSB based on the following criteria that includes real customer reviews and bank fees, among others. Our bank report card is a proprietary rating system that highlights the financial health and stability of the bank.
I love this account so far. Easy to add transfer account, easy to direct deposit into (once you find their routing number), and direct deposits are available right away. Being able to categorize the transactions and generate custom reports is also a plus.
How they could improve:
1) Allow users to manage their bank accounts and their American Express credit cards via the same online login. Currently, you have one login account for your bank accounts and another login account for your credit cards.
2) Try to decrease the amount of time it takes for bank transfers to clear. Currently waiting 10 business days for bank to bank transfers. On the positive side my direct deposits were immediatley available.
3) Improve the &amp;quot;FAQ&amp;quot; and &amp;quot;How do I&amp;quot; sections by making them searchable. Currently you have to do a lot of link clicking in your attempts to find the information you're looking for.
4) Increase the APY. Sure, they offer a very competitive rate right now (which you can take with a grain of salt as most APY offers are much lower than they were a few years ago) but sometimes I'm torn as to whether to place my funds in this account or in my investment account to try for a higher return.
5) Offer a checking account. I'd love to have a checking account with a company I trust. From my past experience as an American Express credit card holder and now savings account holder, I trust them with my money. It'd be great if I could migrate my current checking account to American Express.
I tried to make an online transfer to my brokerage account. The transaction was blocked for no good reason. Then customer service said they could not help me or remove the block until tuesday when the corporate office is open again from 9am to 5pm. That's not customer service.
Wow. I think I applied for our first American Express credit card in the 1970's. I thought AmEx was very reputable then and my opinion has never changed. I feel "safe" with American Express. Now in our 60's it is one of only 2 credit cards that my husband and I use.
We recently opened an on-line savings with AmEx to get some interest on our money. I am very pleased to have recently discovered that I can now view the date on which my interest is posted. I have only made two withdrawals and both were done within a couple of days- less time than I was told was needed.
I have had to contact customer service on many occasions over these 40 years and I have always been treated courteously and professionally. Every matter was handled to my complete satisfaction.
We continue to be very satisfied American Express customers and I'm sorry and puzzled to read that some people feel differently.