I love this account so far. Easy to add transfer account, easy to direct deposit into (once you find their routing number), and direct deposits are available right away. Being able to categorize the transactions and generate custom reports is also a plus.
How they could improve:
1) Allow users to manage their bank accounts and their American Express credit cards via the same online login. Currently, you have one login account for your bank accounts and another login account for your credit cards.
2) Try to decrease the amount of time it takes for bank transfers to clear. Currently waiting 10 business days for bank to bank transfers. On the positive side my direct deposits were immediatley available.
3) Improve the &amp;quot;FAQ&amp;quot; and &amp;quot;How do I&amp;quot; sections by making them searchable. Currently you have to do a lot of link clicking in your attempts to find the information you're looking for.
4) Increase the APY. Sure, they offer a very competitive rate right now (which you can take with a grain of salt as most APY offers are much lower than they were a few years ago) but sometimes I'm torn as to whether to place my funds in this account or in my investment account to try for a higher return.
5) Offer a checking account. I'd love to have a checking account with a company I trust. From my past experience as an American Express credit card holder and now savings account holder, I trust them with my money. It'd be great if I could migrate my current checking account to American Express.
I have both an american express credit card and the FSB personal high yield savings account. Problem is, the two are not linked! That's correct, you cannot go on the FSB webpage to your savings account and pay directly to your Amex credit card balance. I provided that feedback to the bank and they said they would pass that suggestion to their leadership team, as it makes very good sense! That is insane, and this transfer function needs to be added immediately or I will close my FSB savings account.
The confirmation papers say one thing, but then the card is denied. My credit is excellent, I rarely use credit, and now I remember why. I chose this card carefully and opened the account for the sole purpose of making a single large purchase, and then on the morning of the purchase, the card was denied. I tried to contact customer service but the wait times are so absurdly long that I had to make a decision and just paid using other funds. I tried later to contact AmEx again and after being passed around from chat to phone to phone to phone and waiting on hold for 30 minutes the call was somehow disconnected. I regret opening the account and I'm left with frustration and ill will towards this colossal credit institution that cannot do what they say or find time to help me when I seek help. Finally, online AmEx does not offer a platform for complaints or expressing dissatisfaction, and I can't even send them an email. I guess they thing they're perfect or untouchable or something or just don't care.