About First Midwest Bank

First Midwest is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the growing Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of both business and retail banking and trust and investment management services through some 100 offices located in 62 communities, primarily in metropolitan Chicago.
Customer Service #

Featured Rates

Featured Saving Rates

Compare more rates »

Add a Bank to Compare

Bank Reviews
CIT Bank
Bank News
Old National Bank
Bank Reviews
Mb Financial Bank
Compare Banks

Overall Rating

MyBankTracker rated First Midwest Bank based on the following criteria that includes real customer reviews and bank fees, among others. Our bank report card is a proprietary rating system that highlights the financial health and stability of the bank.


MyBankTracker Rating

Customer Rating
Based on 16 Reviews
Financial Health
Based on Texas Ratio: 14.4
Bank Fees
vs. Average
Bank Rates
vs. Average
Number of Locations
vs. Similar Institutions
Mobile Deposits
Mobile Deposits
Mobile Banking
Quality of Mobile Services

Locations & Hours

First Midwest Bank Location Map
First Midwest Bank Location Map
We found branches close to you and 90 nationwide.
View Locations & Hours

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Alex S's Profile Image

Reviewed by Alex S

Dec 29th 2009

4 out of 5 marks

It happens!

In response to the previous individual's review: That is because First Midwest Bank has a cut-off time of 5 PM and has 'next day availability', which means any check deposited after 5pm will not be available until two days later because after 5 PM the computers are working a day ahead... For example: deposit a check monday before 5pm, check will be available tuesday morning...deposit a check on monday after 5 PM, the check will be available Wednesday morning. All this is on the accounts disclosure. There's that little pamphlet every customer gets when they open their account, but of course no one takes the time to read it. This results in so many idiots being completely lost and then have the nerve to blame the bank for something that they should have known to begin with if they had taken the time to read the disclosure pamphlet. Only about 4% of First Midwest Bank's customers have common sense. The remaining 96% are complete morons with no common sense and logic whatsoever. Oh and FYI those who tend to use the drive-thru lanes unprepared: Drive-thrus were created for a reason, fast efficient service. It kinda beats the purpose when hundreds of idiots come to the drive-thru unprepared... take your lazy a**es inside the lobby and fill out your paperwork in there.. there is no need to hold up the line in the drive-thru simply because you are to lazy or idiotic (lack of common sense) to come into the lobby to do such things!

Is this review helpful? ▲ Yes 1 ▼ No 4

Rob P's Profile Image

Reviewed by Rob P

Jan 20th 2011

2 out of 5 marks

Sub-Par Bank at best

Doesn't have many ATMs or online banking features. They really screwed me with the overdrafts. I had opted out of the overdraft protection so any purchases that would overdraw me would be declined. I got charged $175 in overdraft fees and they claim I went into the branch to opt back into the overdraft protection. Never happened! Switching to a new bank this week. Very untrustworthy

Is this review helpful? ▲ Yes 2 ▼ No 0

madd's Profile Image

Reviewed by madd

Feb 19th 2013

1 out of 5 marks

The Worst Bank I've Ever Used.

If i could award less than zero stars in all catagories, they would almost receive as bad of a review as they deserve. You cannot compare them to another bank, because there is no bank near as bad to compare them to.

Is this review helpful? ▲ Yes 2 ▼ No 0

Post a review View all reviews

Popular Questions

No questions have been started about First Midwest Bank. Help the community by being the first one to start a question about First Midwest Bank.

Ask a Question

Bank Rates

TERM RATE (APY) Min Deposit
12 Month CD



24 Month CD



60 Month CD



Banking Fees

Type Fee National average
Monthly Inactivity


after 12 months w/ below $300 balance


Non-Sufficient Fund (Overdraft)



Stop Payment item



Return Deposit



Domestic Wire Transfer (Outbound)



Domestic Wire Transfer (Inbound)



Non-Bank ATM