Had my 401K account with them for a while. As I have always used their website, there wasn't any issues. I mean they probably charge you hidden fees just like any other 401K providers, and the choices of instrument was average but I didn't much to complain about.
However the trouble came when I try to roll my money over to a rollover IRA account. Here is a list:
1. It's impossible to get to a live person on the phone. If you enter your account and password, there is no option to talk to a live person. And if you figure out to talk to a live person w/o entering your account information, the person would redirect you to enter your account info (and re-assure you they will stay on the line with you) then the live person is gone after you enter your account #. I've tried this a few times....
2. It seems like they are blocking my phone now, whenever I try to connect to a live person, it asks me to fill out a survey. Then everything goes silent from there.
3. If I can't move my 401K money out from them, what's the point, is this a ponzi scheme or something?
4. As I keep trying, I somehow got to a person deals w/ customer experience. And he asked me questions like "did you enter your account #, and password?" in a very demeaning way as if I am trying to break into an account or how to use their phone system at all (I have a master degree in engineering for the sake of it ...)
5. After spending 2 hours getting all the details done, the person told me he has to get off work and redirected me to the next person. However, the next person had no clue what happened & I had to re-do everything again.
*In case you have to call them. Enter your account info first & make sure SSN is used, then pressed 0 (note they never mention that option but it's there) to get to customer service.
Went down to my local Aldi store for some midweek shopping. Horrified when the card was declined at the checkout. Really embarrassed i step outside to check the balance on my phone; plenty of money. So i called the number on my card. We are really sorry but there have been a few issues today. You don't say. I can't help you because i can't bring up your transaction history. Does that mean she couldn't access me account?
The voice on the phone said go to Atm and you should be fine. Clearly she had no idea what the problem was. Went to the first Atm said card was expired! Really? I've only had this card for a month. The 2nd Atm went and swallowed my card! Ing direct fail!
I opened a non-taxable savings account - telling ING the money was taxed in France and I wanted to know the best account. ING said the tax free account in Canada. When I went down to pay the cheque, I ensured ING knew the money was from France and I was not a resident. Now the Canadian government is charging me 12 percent interest per year on the money meaning all the money earned in the "tax free" account is gone as well as my principle. ING knew I did not work in Canada. They set me up to bankrupt me. Then when I call to tell them they tell me it is my fault - their people did not do their job and it is my fault. I no longer have any savings and ING is the reason. ING does not admit to mistakes and ING refuses to correct its errors. Never bank with ING.