Nickel and dime is an understatement of mass proportions.
Thieves of the highest order.
Branch management that brings you to tears - literally.
The lowest possible level of service ever experienced.
Absolutely awful and disrespectful interactions.
No hesitation to make you feel you're of a lowly class no matter the circumstances.
There are many other banks - I suggest you use them.
The bank's overdraft fees is set automatically on a daily system. If you make any mistake one day that you go over your balance, you get charge $37. 00. If you don't catch that mistake immediately that same day, a $5. 00 overdraft can cause a domino effect with a minus of $37. 00 every time there is a transaction in that account. I got charged 6 times an overdraft fee because of an automatic payments during a weekend that i didn't catch on time.
When i checked the statement on line, i was fine. I discussed my case with 2 staff there, but in vain they took away only 1 overdraft fee, and i got charged with $185. 00 of fees. I thought most banks charge overdraft fees on the same day that it happens. No, only few banks like people's united bank do so. This bank is taking advantage of hard working people with a small mistake they would in a day. Shame on you people's united bank. You should change your name. You're not a people's bank.
Years ago my wife and i happily moved our bank accounts from bank of america to back of western massachusetts. We loved bwm! Over time bwm was purchased by chittenden then finally peoples united. With each merger are customer experience got worse. I can honestly say that people's united bank may actually be worse than boa ever was. Here is my list of complaints:
1) PU is progressively taking longer to clear checks-now often more than one day.
2) PU now counts all deposits made on saturday morning as being made the following monday. So if you deposit a check on saturday don't expect those funds to be available monday as they once were. There is thus no reason to bother making saturday morning deposits anymore.
3) we had recently attempted to refinance our home through pu and was given a loan offer with a laughably high amount for closing costs. We took that business elsewhere!
4) my daughter had a savings/checking account that went into a negative balance for a few weeks. I went to the local branch to deposit money into it but the account had been closed and could not be reopened without a fee. Td bank therefore got new 18 y/o customer as a result!
5) most important. PU installed check reader machines two years ago that really do not work. Business deposits now entail watching the teller sift through those checks not accurately read by their faulty machines, (at least 10% of them). The time involved in making deposits has increased four fold. The bank staff are oddly unapologetic about this problem as i suppose these machines have made their jobs easier?
6) as PU has become a worsening customer experience the fake friendliness from the branch staff has increased!