Been banking with them for years. Deposited several large insurance checks. When I made the deposits, the teller didnt tell me that the funds would be on hold for 10 days. I went into my local branch and the teller said that if could provide a copy of all the checks deposited and she could verify they were paid she would talk to mgr about releasing hold. I called and found out that they were all cleared in 1 day. The bank mgr said that he could not override the hold. Such b.s. Cannot operate a business without funds. As soon as everything clears, I am closing all of my business and personal accounts. Another scam they have is post all of your checks first before your deposits so they can charge you overdraft or nsf fees.
I went in to talk to customer service. I was the only one in there. The customer service rep was on the phone having a personal conversation in spanish. I waited for 10 minutes as she saw me sitting there. I walked out. Horrible customer service
I loathe TD Bank for what they did to my Commerce. I have had nothing but issues ever since they have taken over . Let's list some reasons why TD Bank is awful, shall we?
- It takes them 5 days to clear money or a check issued from themselves. If you overdraw while your money is mysteriously hanging in limbo -FEES GALORE!
- They decided to randomly charge an overdraft fee on each transaction, and NOT tell their customers. I asked the incredibly rude CSR about this and she said that has always been the policy and she had no idea what I was talking about. That was definitely a lie.
- The customer service makes me want to commit defenestration.
- While out of town, I managed to accrue over $300 in fees in one day. This was because of the bank's error, but they would only credit me back $70. They called this a "courtesy". Oh thanks TD Bank.. you're the greatest.
- It almost seems like they intentionally structure the order in which your transactions clear so they maximize profits. Sounds crazy but I never, ever had any of these problems with Commerce.
The Devil's Bank is full of so much blatant carelessness and crooked policies, I really can't believe anyone still banks there. I'm closing my account today.