MyBankTracker rated Trustco Bank based on the following criteria that includes real customer reviews and bank fees, among others. Our bank report card is a proprietary rating system that highlights the financial health and stability of the bank.
I have 2 business and 1 personal checking accounts at this branch. I have found the teller line to be uniformly polite and competent. I have been shown considerable consideration regarding the posting of cash deposits for immediate use with my debit card, and quite a bit of flexibility regarding the cashing of checks drawn on other banks. I have banked with Trustco since at least 1/1/1990 (my checking software goes back only that far) and find them, especially at this branch, uniformly excellent.
However, there is one caveat. In the past 3 or 4 years they have removed a lot of authority from the branch managers and moved it to the main office's operations department. This has caused some serious delays in the refunding of fees charged in error. However, contrary to popular opinion, banks don't make a heck of a lot of mistakes, and this is a relatively minor problem given the excellence of their customer service and rock solid financial condition.
Loved previous manager but she was promoted and new manager to arrogant, rude and unhelpful. I have a business account, personal account and savings. I'm now changing banks.
1) I was charged for using my DEBIT card for a debit charge $1.50 twice. I called the Branch manager she had to submit a request for the fee to be credited back. Really a branch manager does not have the power to credit my account back WOW is all I can say.. I was credited back after three weeks again WOW to long...
2) I made a purchase with Amazon.com which was charged as a debit. I returned my product to Amazon.com. I received a email from Amazon.com stating they could not get the credit back to my bank. I called Trustco they knew about this problem and there is no date to which the problem will be corrected still waiting for my credit 4 weeks and counting. Working with Amazon.com to get my credit another way.
3) Was locked out of my on-line account over a holiday weekend due to a problem with their system again.. I had to call no e-mail snail mail was sent about password reset for ALL of their account holders.
4) ALL of my family members have closed their accounts. We will not deal with a bank with such Mickey Mouse operaations.
5) I will say when I call in to customer service they are very nice to speak with.
No questions have been started about Trustco Bank. Help the community by being the first one to start a question about Trustco Bank.Ask a Question