MyBankTracker rated Wells Fargo based on the following criteria that includes real customer reviews and bank fees, among others. Our bank report card is a proprietary rating system that highlights the financial health and stability of the bank.
Just spent close to an hour on the phone with WF about an ATM deposit that they decided to suspend. Mind you, the check was from Well Fargo Retirement Services and made out to me with the same address that the bank has on file for my home address. I only happened to notice that the check was suspended because I was online getting ready to pay bills.
When I called to find out what was going on, I was told that the name on the check did not exactly match the name on my account.
Seriously? Why have I never had a problem with my paychecks that are direct deposited? Why have I never had a problem with my IRS refund checks? I have been a customer for 10 years and never had a problem with this.
You would think that a check from Wells Fargo Retirement going into a Wells Fargo Checking Account would be a gimmee. Unbelievable!
I ended up speaking to 3 different people (the first was very patient and understanding) and still didn't get a solution. The "supervisor", Chris, started out friendly, but when I asked him to quit hiding behind policies and procedures and to use Common Sense, he got very short with me. He got me to a real "GEM" of a manager, "Jay", who acted like I had interrupted his smoke break. I never used one curse word and was simply asking them to tell me the truth, but that caused them to get pretty defensive.
I understand that accidents happen, but only the first person that I spoke to had the sense enough to apologize. When I hung up on Jay, my problem was not handled. I was told that they would be sending the check back to me or I could call Retirement Services to see if there was anything that they could do. Not one person took ownership of the situation. Not one person offered to oversee the problem and see it through to the end. I was actually told that this was NOT a bank error.
Only after I got off the phone with these people that I got a call from Joanna in ATM Adjustment Services. She took care of the issue and she apologized profu
I am a customer of Wells Fargo bank till end of 2012. I have checking account and was my mortgage company till March 31, 2015.
Trouble i had from Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070
1. When i try to make my 1st Mortgage Payment Banker Apply for credit card for me without asking.
2. They close my checking account without asking on June 2014. Then they create new account for me.
3. I went to Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070 and personally get information for Wire Transfer from overseas, and same day midnight they close my checking account without any reason or warning. I went to Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070 again and i ask the reason for closing they didn't find any reason, after my 3rd attempt they recover my same account. My Wire refund after 10 days back to sender but i loose some amount of money and time, and i pay twice for wire transfer fee for the bank transfer from overseas and origination bank and one for Wells Fargo bank.
4. I refinanced my mortgage with another bank end of March 31, 2015. and Wells Fargo start charging Monthly fee for my checking account beginning April 7 statement again without any warning (email, mail, text message or call)
5. I contact Wells Fargo via phone call and ask them to refund my $13 back. They reject to refund. I am going to close my checking account and i advice to every one DO NOT WORK with Wells Fargo Bank. I have my statement to proof all above that.
Wow. This was the most ridiculous call I made today. I submitted a Personal Loan Request Online, which was automatically denied. I then called the Wells Fargo, personal loan service center and was connected to a live person. Not much, but she was polite. She talked so fast, half the time I couldn't understand her at all. Anyway, what I think I heard was that I would receive an answer in the mail within 30 days. What do they request you contact them just to get the same information I got in an email? Go Figure. I have three accounts at Wells Fargo, probably a big mistake... so, since they don't appreciate my business, I will be moving my accounts shortly. Good Credit. Never Late on Payments. What more can you ask for? Hmmmm . not good enough for them. See Ya WF