MyBankTracker rated Wells Fargo based on the following criteria that includes real customer reviews and bank fees, among others. Our bank report card is a proprietary rating system that highlights the financial health and stability of the bank.
FaWells Fargo Bank
I opened my account on Friday December 28, 2013 at the Wells Fargo (Corrales, NM branch) with a $1000.00 check from The Garden City Group c/o Indian Trust Settlement. This lawsuit $3.4 billion was finally settled after many years, thousands and thousands of people were issued checks on December 12, 2012 so their should've been money in the account and Chase should've known all this money would be going out. When Wells Fargo put the check through Chase bank and the loss prevention dept. said the check was suspicious because their were multiple checks coming out of that account and the check number was out of sequence (obviously) but they did cash the check. But by them telling Wells Fargo that, It's made them suspicious and they put a hard hold (freeze) on my account, which means I can't get access to any of my money and can't cash any checks. I went into my bank and when the banker called to verify the check was good, she than called loss prevention when told them It's was good and got a contact number from Chase but that isn't good enough for Wells Fargo they want a letter on Chase letterhead stating the check amount, the, number, the date It went through and a lot of other stuff faxed to them. Chase won't do that because I'm not a customer and they did cash the check. I don't know what to do but my account will be closed in 10 days. Wells Fargo is the worst Bank ever and does not care about Its' customers, because if they did they would help you and not insist they need a letter (check was verified). I know someone their in loss prevention can clear It up, especially knowing It is a good check. It is their screw up . I don't know if this will mess me up in chex systems where I can't ever cash checks again. As if Chase would help a non-customer with a letter they really need to get to access their account (even though It was there fault). From alking to other people and reading reviews, Wells Fargo is the worst bank ever to bank with.
I am a customer of Wells Fargo bank till end of 2012. I have checking account and was my mortgage company till March 31, 2015.
Trouble i had from Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070
1. When i try to make my 1st Mortgage Payment Banker Apply for credit card for me without asking.
2. They close my checking account without asking on June 2014. Then they create new account for me.
3. I went to Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070 and personally get information for Wire Transfer from overseas, and same day midnight they close my checking account without any reason or warning. I went to Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070 again and i ask the reason for closing they didn't find any reason, after my 3rd attempt they recover my same account. My Wire refund after 10 days back to sender but i loose some amount of money and time, and i pay twice for wire transfer fee for the bank transfer from overseas and origination bank and one for Wells Fargo bank.
4. I refinanced my mortgage with another bank end of March 31, 2015. and Wells Fargo start charging Monthly fee for my checking account beginning April 7 statement again without any warning (email, mail, text message or call)
5. I contact Wells Fargo via phone call and ask them to refund my $13 back. They reject to refund. I am going to close my checking account and i advice to every one DO NOT WORK with Wells Fargo Bank. I have my statement to proof all above that.
Wow. This was the most ridiculous call I made today. I submitted a Personal Loan Request Online, which was automatically denied. I then called the Wells Fargo, personal loan service center and was connected to a live person. Not much, but she was polite. She talked so fast, half the time I couldn't understand her at all. Anyway, what I think I heard was that I would receive an answer in the mail within 30 days. What do they request you contact them just to get the same information I got in an email? Go Figure. I have three accounts at Wells Fargo, probably a big mistake... so, since they don't appreciate my business, I will be moving my accounts shortly. Good Credit. Never Late on Payments. What more can you ask for? Hmmmm . not good enough for them. See Ya WF