About Slate from Chase - Limited Time: No Balance Transfer Fee
- Introductory Offer – No Balance Transfer Fee!*
- $0 Introductory Balance Transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open!*
- After the first 60 days, the fee for future balance transfers is 3% of the amount transferred with a minimum of $5.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers *
- Free features to help you avoid interest and pay down balances faster*
- Zero liability on unauthorized purchases*
- No Annual Fee*
The Chase Slate Card is a simple credit card with no rewards programs or major benefits for simply completing transactions. At first glance the card may not seem appealing to most people searching for a new card because of the lack of a rewards program; yet there are some core features that makes it valuable to someone eager to build their credit, looking for a secure credit card, or both.
Obtaining the Chase Slate Card should not be difficult for someone with at least a mediocre credit score. In fact, this card is perfect for anyone that is currently in the process of improving their credit score. As long as your credit history is not plagued by a barrage of negative marks you should be approved for this card.
You may have honest intentions to make your credit score soar, but that is hard without proving yourself to lenders first. If you are approved for the Chase Slate Card then you can steadily work your way into excellent credit standing as long as you pay your bills on time.
Just like any card, there are pros and cons to the Chase Slate Card. Compare for yourself to gain better insight on what makes this card appealing.
Pros Cons No annual fee No rewards program 0% APR for first 15 months on balance transfers and purchases Late payments result in an increased APR of 29.99% Blueprint features
There is no annual fee associated with the Chase Slate Card. This card comes to you free every year it remains activated.
- $10 or 3% cash advance fee (whichever is greater)
- $5 or 3% (whichever is greater) on balance transfers made on the card after initial 60 day grace period (no interest charged within first 60 days on balance transfers)
- 3% foreign transaction fee (in U.S. dollars)
- 29.99% penalty APR (applies indefinitely if minimum payment is missed, have a payment marked as returned, or complete a similar action on any account associated with Chase)
- $15 late payment fee if balance is less than $100, $25 if balance is between $100 and $250, up to $35 if balance is more than $250
- $35 return payment or return check fees apply if account holders has insufficient funds
Approval for the Chase Slate Card means 0% interest for the first 15 months on purchases and balance transfers when the card is activated. The interest rate that follows is 12.99% to 22.99%. The rate determined is dependent on your credit score and the market prime rate.
Although the Chase Slate Card does not offer any rewards programs or cash back on purchases, there is a feature worth mentioning: Blueprint with Chase. Blueprint is a unique feature that is free of charge and allows you to easily manage paying your bills. Check out the Blueprint tools available below. You can choose to enroll in as many as you'd like.
- Full Pay: enroll in Full Pay and you won't pay any interest on select purchases like gas, groceries, and other purchases. This only applies when you pay the balance of these items purchased in full every month.
- Finish It: this option lets you plan a date to finish paying your debt. Chase will calculate an amount you need to pay each month to reach your goal by the date you designate. This extremely helpful option is good for anyone trying to figure out how to finish paying their debt by a particular date.
- Split: ever had the option to split single big purchases into separate payments on your card? Split allows you to separate big purchases and pay off the balance apart from the balance you owe on your card. It is a handy feature if you want to buy a new piece of furniture or TV and want to pay that single item off within a few months to have a piece of mind that you are spending responsibly.
- Track It: instead of waiting for your monthly statement to arrive, you can track your progress with this Blueprint tool. Figure out how long it will take you to pay down your debt so that you can make financial plans for the months ahead.
Purchase protection is another feature worth mentioning. Cardholders receive 120 days of coverage against theft or damage of up to $500 per claim. The maximum amount that can be claimed per account is $50,000
Slate card members gain a great sense of security with this credit card. If the card is stolen or used without authorization then the cardholder is not held liable for transactions completed. So if you do fall victim to card-skimming fraud, realize you have been scammed while at a hotel on vacation, or any other type of fraudulent behavior appears on your account, you are in the clear. Cards such as the Slate Card are beneficial for people always on the go who need a little more security in knowing they won't be charged for transactions that were not their own.
Individuals with excellent credit scores are most likely going to take advantage of other credit cards with rewards programs. Cash back credit cards and other cards that offer incentives for spending can help you feel good about your purchases. Not having any rewards benefits makes it hard for someone that spends often and also pays back their debt to capitalize on the offers out there.
The Chase Slate Credit Card is a good choice for individuals that are interested in establishing their credit, or getting it back to good standing. Conversely, someone with a high balance and interest rate on another credit card may want to transfer that balance over to the Chase Slate Card.
The 0% interest on purchases and transfers for the first year and three months can help you pay down debt without interest adding on to the amount owed. Debt is much easier to pay down when interest does not accrue over an extended period of time.
The BreakdownAnnual Fee12345Other Fees & Charges12345Interest rate12345Rewards/Perks12345Misc12345