ING Direct is currently running a number of promotions that can earn you as much as $283 in cash and MyBankTracker.com has a few exclusive reference codes to help you get started.
To earn the full bonus, it will require a little work on you end. The bonuses outlined below will need you to open a checking, IRA and ShareBuilder account, but we think if you are going to create a relationship with a bank, doing so across three products that helps you manage your money, save for retirement and start investing, then this is the right approach.
In no particular order here are the steps needed to earn $283.
Step#1: $83 ING Direct Electric Orange Checking Bonus
While ING Direct is always offering a $50 bonus to the public, the bank was nice enough to provide us with a reference code to allow our readers to earn $33 more.
- Visit this ING page and click the ‘Apply Now’ button
- Use the following reference code 83DEAL
- Earn $50: Make 3 Card purchases and/or Person2Person Payments within 45 days of account opening and your bonus will be paid on say 50
- Earn $33: Set up Direct Deposit and have two direct deposits made of at least $250 to your Electric Orange account by March 31st. The $33 cash bonus will be paid on April 8th.
The current APY as of 1/26/2011 is 1.20% for balances between $50 – $100k, 0.25% for below $50k and 1.25% for balances over $100k.
Step#2: $50 Retire MyWay IRA Bonus
If you are currently considering an IRA, the ING Direct option for both CD and Savings are both competitive and FDIC-insured. If you have plan to keep the balance low, the saving option may be a better option with a 1.10% APY. To earn the $50 bonus, you will need to:
- Visit their promotional page
- Open an FDIC-insured IRA (Savings or CD)
- Deposit $200 into your account by February 7
- Receive a $50 bonus by February 28, 2011 (counts toward your 2011 IRA contribution limit)
If you would like to compare ING Direct IRA CDs and Savings, please visit our IRA rates tables.
Step#3: $50 ShareBuilder New Account Bonus
No account minimums, invest as much as you like and pay as little as $4 when you use automatic investing. ShareBuilder from ING Direct is one of the easiest ways to start investing. From now until March 31st, new account members can earn a $50 bonus.
- Visit the following promotional page.
- Open an account, User the following reference code 50WS10 and deposit $50 or more by 3/31/2011.
- ShareBuilder will deposit a $50 bonus 4-6 weeks after your initial deposit
- The $50 bonus cannot be withdrawn for 90 days after awarded
Note, that in the terms, ShareBuilder holds the right to remove the offer at anytime so if you are interested, we recommend you do not wait till the last day before expiring.
Learn more about ShareBuilder and their fees.
Step#4: $100 ShareBuilder Trade Up Bonus
For those who opened a ShareBuilder account, but carry accounts with other Brokers, ShareBuilder and ING Direct are willing to pay you a $100 cash bonus if you transfer $500 or more from the competing broker to ShareBuilder.
- The $100 bonus offer is available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts only. Offer not valid for IRA or Education Savings Accounts.
- The $100 bonus will post to your account approximately 4-6 weeks after completing a full brokerage transfer from a competing broker and is not available for withdrawal for 180 days.
- This offer is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable. Limit one ShareBuilder promotional award per unique customer or custodial beneficiary.
As with the last ShareBuilder bonus, the terms highlight that they reserve the right to terminate this offer at any time or refuse to award the bonus if any terms of ShareBuilder Account Agreement has been violated.Related