As a reminder, most banks are closed this coming Monday, July 4, 2011, in honor of our magnificent Independence Day.
Independence Day is an official government-mandated federal holiday, so courthouses and government offices as well as the New York Stock Exchange are closed on the Fourth of July. Banks can decide whether or not to close down for the day.
MyBankTracker.com called the banks listed below and found that nearly all of them were closed. The one exception was TD Bank which prides itself on having longer hours than any other bank. TD Bank customers can go to the bank as they normally do this Monday, since all their branches will open normal business hours for all of your banking needs and close at 1:00 PM.
Bank Name Open/Closed
Bank of America Closed
Capital One Closed
Fifth Third Bank Closed
PNC Bank Closed
TD Bank Open
U.S. Bank Closed
Wells Fargo Closed
Other Banking Options
If you need to perform some last-minute banking operations, check out your financial institution’s online banking services. Most banks offer these online services:
- Transferring funds within your account.
- Checking current balances across multiple accounts.
- Reviewing transactions that are available online for your linked accounts.
- Reordering checks or copies of paid checks, requesting copies of statements, stopping payment on checks and changing address and phone numbers.
In addition to the online banking options, you can usually get in contact with customer service representative on the phone if you really need it.
We included ten of the biggest banks in America for our list, so if you do not see your bank on this list or have additional questions you can call the customer service representative at your branch. Most banks will have a recording with their Holiday Hours for those customers who did not realize Independence Day was so close and may need to do some important banking.
If your bank is not listed and it is opened, people will be interested, so feel free to post that in the comments section below or in our Community.
Latest posts by Zachary Ehrlich (see all)
- Collision Damage Waiver: Auto Rental Insurance Explained - July 11, 2013
- Jumio Expands, But Mobile Finance Offers Little Opportunity - December 31, 2012
- Banks Getting Involved with #GivingTuesday; So Can You - November 16, 2012
Find the best bank account for you now.
See how much you can save in just a few steps.