This week, there’s been a lot of activity from the banking world, and we’ve featured the most helpful personal finance tips for you, as well as new innovations in the banking realm.
- Some banks are giving out goodies (or having customer appreciation day with a man in a tiger costume; see photo above) to drive customers into their branches. Here are 7 Surprising Services & Items Banks Are Offering.
- Did you know some banks are waiving their monthly checking account fee?
- We also compared foreign ATM transaction fees and highlighted USAA Bank in our Review Roundup.
- Moving on to personal finance, we shared tips our mothers passed down to us on how to be financially savvy. You can participate too, and be entered to win a $50 gift card! Just check out our Facebook or comment on our article and you’ll be automatically entered.
- We were thrilled when ‘The Budgetnista’ recalled her father’s surprising approach to teaching her about finance when she was a kid.
- We shared some amazing and inexpensive Mother’s Day gift ideas all under $20 and also chatted about the financial overtones embedded in Asian culture in our Money Chat.
- We gave tips for college students on how to stay financially fit, protect themselves from identity theft, and addressed the media’s treatment of millennials (that’s us). There was so much more we covered, but you’ll have to click on these links to see all the stories! If you think you’re pretty MBT savvy, take our quiz below and see just how much you know.
0 of 6 questions completed
From identity theft protection to bizarre items and services banks are giving out nowadays, we covered many different facets of finance. So to catch up on just what we taught this week, go ahead and begin our quiz.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 6
In our Review Roundup this week, we covered USAA Federal Savings Bank. Which of the following is untrue, according to our Review Roundup?
Question 2 of 6
This week we announced that certain banks have introduced new checking accounts with fee-waive requirements, which means they won’t require customers have direct deposit or minimum monthly balances. Which of the following are some of the new ways to avoid that pesky monthly fee?
Question 3 of 6
We compared foreign ATM fees among the ten biggest banks in America. Which of the following fees is incorrect?
Question 4 of 6
Banks are offering some odd items and services these days! Which of the following did we not list in our slideshow of 7 Surprising Services & Items Banks Are Offering?Correct
Yes! Good job for not clicking free money — we thought it was too good to be true, but you knew better! Take a look at the other 4 slides here.Incorrect
We got you! If you picked free money, we thought it was too good to be true too. While TD Bank is famous for offering their pens, it was not one of the items/services we listed. Check out what we wrote about here!
Question 5 of 6
We offered some advice on identity theft protection for college students. Which of the following tips did we give?
Question 6 of 6
The Budgetnista has a philosophy when it comes to teaching children about finance. Which of the following does not belong in her philosophy?
MyBankTracker is also currently embarking on another Money Challenge. We’re decluttering our homes and will attempt to earn money from selling our old possessions. Have you ever gotten rid of your items this way? How did it turn out? Let us know and you’ll be entered for a chance to with a $50 gift card!