Google made a splash this week at their I/O 2013 conference with the announcement of Google Wallet’s services coming to Gmail.
- Google Wallet being a part of Gmail will allow Google’s hundreds of millions of users access to the new P2P service. Will it be the go-to P2P service to come?
- Can homeownership actually save you money? Because of low rates, some mortgage experts say that it might save you more money in the long term than renting.
- We had a chat with an associate editor at the Huffington Post about being a writer and living in one of the most expensive cities (New York City), and how he manages his money.
- MyBankTracker writer and recent graduate Katherine discusses how students graduating with massive college debt are being forced to delay marriage, buying a house, and other major life milestones.
- Savings rates are down for another consecutive month. Banks have cut down on their rates substantially.
- Thank you to all of our readers who participated in our Mother’s Day Contest! Don’t forget to check out the winning response!
- Did you ever lose your debit card? Make sure you report the loss immediately, so you’re not liable for charges, and check out what top banks charge for replacing your debit card.
Don’t forget to participate in our ongoing Money Challenge. We’re trying to get rid of random junk and/or possessions that we don’t use anymore. We’ll check in on May 20, 2013 to detail what we decided to sell, and how much money we anticipate making.