The Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards: Fall 2013

Gerald Morales

By , Staff Writer
Posted on Thu Nov 14, 2013, Last Updated on Thu Sep 4, 2014

More Columns »

Flickr source

(Update 3/27/14: Citi ThankYou Preferred card details are up to date.)

Who likes paying for fees? Not all credit cards come with fees, and for those who are concerned about paying interest and prefer not to have to pay anything extra, you’re in luck. Wouldn’t it be convenient if you could find a list of the best credit cards with no annual fees? Now you can, and you don’t have to click far to find what you are looking for. Cards that typically come with annual fees usually have valuable perks when it comes to owning a credit card. There are a lot of nice things that can come out of credit cards with annual fees, but there are just some people that prefer to not have to deal with annual fees. That’s perfectly understandable given that there are a lot of other expenses life has to offer. MyBankTracker has compiled a list of the best no annual fee credit cards that possess a great deal of value based on the perks available.

Barclaycard Ring Credit Card

The Barclaycard Ring Credit Card is perfect for someone trying to take their credit score to the next level. This card does not charge for transfer fees and credits your account back when you complete a balance transfer. This is helpful for someone that holds a high balance on a credit card with a high APR.

Card Highlights

• 8% variable APR on balance transfers and purchases
  • 1% statement credit on balance transfers (made within first 60 days of account activation)
  • $0 balance transfer fee

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card

Enjoy the perks of a card that provides you with rewards points with no annual fee. These type of cards are hard to come across but they do exist. The Citi ThankYou Preferred Card allows you to rack up points as you spend. You also get 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for a little over half a year.

Card Highlights

• Enjoy 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% – 22.99% based upon your creditworthiness*
  • 2 ThankYou Points per dollar spent on dining at restaurants and entertainment
  • 1 ThankYou Point on other purchases
  • Points do not expire and earn unlimited Thank You Points

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card

Are you taking advantage of hotel rewards points? Regular travelers should consider using a credit card that allows them to accumulate points to use towards hotel accommodations. Infrequent travelers might still consider a card like the Citi Hilton HHonors because the points you gain never expire.

Card Highlights

• Earn points that never expire and use towards hotel accommodations
  • Complimentary HHilton Silver Status (includes benefits such as 15% bonus on HHonors Base Points and complimentary fitness center or health club access at select locations)
  • 14.24% – 16.24% variable APR (based on credit)

Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card

You get cash back on all purchases in addition to 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers until May 2015 with the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card. Open a new credit card this holiday season and don’t worry about paying any annual fees. Simply spend and earn and don’t worry about interest until April of next year.

Card Highlights (Updated 7/16/14)

• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
  • Cash back can be redeemed at any time for any amount
  • 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers until May 2015
  • One time $100 bonus if at least $500 is spent on purchases within first 3 months

Capital One Journey Student Rewards Credit Card

Students shouldn’t have to pay any annual fees to maintain a credit card. There is already enough to deal with things like tuition, housing, and other living expenses. The Capital One Journey Student Rewards Credit Card is designed for students that want to establish credit. Students can learn what it feels like to earn rewards with cash back on all purchases and great additional bonuses for paying their bills on time.

Card Highlights

• 1% cash back on all purchases, as well as 25% bonus on earned cash back for payments on time (So 25% of the 1%)
  • Designed for students with limited to average credit score
  • $0 transfer fee
  • $0 foreign transaction fee
  • 19.8% variable APR

Discover it Card

Another card with a great incentive that does not carry an annual fee is the Discover it Card. This card has many features that make it appealing, like the ability to earn cash back on every purchase you make. Online shoppers can use their rewards instantly on Amazon.com.

Card Highlights

•  0% intro APR for 14 months on balance transfers and purchases (10.99% – 22.99% after depending on credit score)
  • 5% cash back on select seasonal categories after you sign up
  • 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases
  • No foreign transaction fee

No matter what kind of card you decide to open, keep track of the balance and interest. Credit card comparisons are helpful whenever you feel it is time to open a new account. Decide which card is best for you.

The Best 5 Credit Cards for Retirees

Related Stories: The 5 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards: Fall 2013 Surprising Reasons to Use Your Credit Card Credit Card Hacks You’ve Never Tried

Post a Comment