Often, hidden credit card features are overlooked by consumers who can’t find the time to sit down and read the fine print. While paying down your credit card debt can be a challenge, there are benefits to using them for all kinds of purchases. You’d be surprised to learn just how much credit cards can do for you!
Many credit card come with features that allow you to indulge in privileges like price protection, product warranties, and even emergency assistance. These benefits can be great if you need them. If your vacation has ever gone awry, or a sleazy online merchant sold you a broken or cheaply made product, your credit card can protect you.
Here are five common instances you may have fallen victim to in the past after making a purchase. See how using your credit card can protect you from these types of situations.
1. You bought a sweater for $69 that got reduced to $39, and it’s too late to return it.
Thankfully, your credit card refunds you the difference since the sale occurred within 30 to 60 days of your purchase.
2. You bought this expensive camera from Best Buy and it already broke?
Worry not — Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover — offer automatic extended warranties of up to one year, on top of the warranty that came with the purchase.
3. You roll up to the mall to make a return but realize you lost your receipt and missed the return deadline.
The girl before you in line used American Express, which offers up to $1,000 in return guarantees 90 days after the item is purchased… no receipt needed.
4. You’re on vacation and notice your rental car was keyed in the parking lot. What monster would do this?
Don’t cry — your credit card issuer will take care of it! Happy dance!
5. Your flight is canceled because of a blizzard.
Fortunately, your used your Chase Sapphire, which provides you with travel delay protection. You smile because you’ll be refunded for meals and lodging while you’re stranded.