In its October 2012 edition, Money Magazine released its list of the best banks of the year.
Here are the categories that Money Magazine used and the banks that excelled in their respective categories:
- National bank for checking: U.S. Bank
- National bank for high balances: TD Bank
- Midsize/regional bank: Huntington Bank, First Citizens Bank, M&T Bank and Zions
- Online bank: Ally Bank
- Savings accounts: Ally Bank and Barclays
- One-year certificate of deposit (CD): Ally Bank
- Standalone checking: Capital One
- Student checking: U.S. Bank and Citibank
If you are a customer of one of these banks, do you agree with the list? Let us know by leaving a bank review.