MyBankTracker rated TD Bank based on the following criteria that includes real customer reviews and bank fees, among others. Our bank report card is a proprietary rating system that highlights the financial health and stability of the bank.
I worked in the customer service over the phone for TD bank. I've read more then half of the reviews from these people and you are all being just ridiculous. Do not get me wrong TD has it's moments where they do something completely uncalled for or just plain stupid, but for the most part TD is a good bank. You all want to complain or whine or say about how TD robbed you. READ THE PAPER WORK, that's what it's there for! When they took over Riverside and the former Riverside customers started complaining about the Monthly maintenance fee's, one question I would always ask did you receive your checks and debit card. Of course the answer was always yes, well guess what buddy the paperwork was in that packet! There is a part where you need to grow up and take responsibility for YOUR money. The OD fee's I understand a little more but most people who call in and say " I DIDN'T KNOW!" That's crap too. The customer service reps are noting accounts, if your rude it's noted when you are educated on how pending and posted transactions work it's noted. So seriously stop trying to pull bullsh*t. When you've had 100's of dollars worth of fees. You people also need to understand that if a rep is being rude. How about you try being nice to someone calling you a c*nt or a*shole or d*ckhead because you are unable to manage your account. There is only so much a person can take. I just love how most of the "complainers" are talking about fee's go ahead and move banks because if you overdraft your account EVERY financial institution has the right to charge overdraft fees! If you want to avoid them then MANAGE YOUR MONEY!
I established a pass code as an added security measure for my account. So I don't think after that I should have to recite every part of my name which is long to the persons there. Also when I don't give my complete full name to the person who just gave me a hard time about my name and they still give my balance to me, are they stupid? So when I call to complain about the two issues as to why whole name, I get answers like"I don't know what the issue is its just your name" from the manager. In professional manners at front counter,
I loathe TD Bank for what they did to my Commerce. I have had nothing but issues ever since they have taken over . Let's list some reasons why TD Bank is awful, shall we?
- It takes them 5 days to clear money or a check issued from themselves. If you overdraw while your money is mysteriously hanging in limbo -FEES GALORE!
- They decided to randomly charge an overdraft fee on each transaction, and NOT tell their customers. I asked the incredibly rude CSR about this and she said that has always been the policy and she had no idea what I was talking about. That was definitely a lie.
- The customer service makes me want to commit defenestration.
- While out of town, I managed to accrue over $300 in fees in one day. This was because of the bank's error, but they would only credit me back $70. They called this a "courtesy". Oh thanks TD Bank.. you're the greatest.
- It almost seems like they intentionally structure the order in which your transactions clear so they maximize profits. Sounds crazy but I never, ever had any of these problems with Commerce.
The Devil's Bank is full of so much blatant carelessness and crooked policies, I really can't believe anyone still banks there. I'm closing my account today.