Most Popular Accounts
About the Bank
First Commonwealth is headquartered in Indiana, Pennsylvania. It operates through First Commonwealth Bank, in 15 counties in western and central Pennsylvania. Financial services and insurance products are provided through First Commonwealth Financial Advisors and First Commonwealth Insurance Agency. The company also jointly owns Commonwealth Trust Credit Life Insurance Company, a credit life reinsurance company.
First Commonwealth Bank Fees
- National Average
- Monthly Inactivity $2 $6
- Non-Sufficient Fund (Overdraft) $25 $30
- Stop Payment item $32 $27
- Return Deposit $12 $13
- Domestic Wire Transfer (Outbound) $25 $22
- Domestic Wire Transfer (Inbound) $20 $10
- Non-Bank ATM $2.0 $1.0
Locations & Hours
Locations & Hours
We found bank branches & ATMs within miles of .View Locations & Hours
Latest Customer Reviews
Reviewed By mspringer Nov 1, 2017
Avoid This Bank
I was a First Merit customer for years. Never a problem. Since the First Commonwealth takeover I'm wondering how this bank can still be in operation. The local branch folks are nice, but the corporate customer service is rude and unhelpful. They can't answer questions and then get rude when pressed for answers. Now today is the first of the month and my pension check hasn't posted because they are having computer problems. It's one thing after another. If anyone is looking for a new bank you can do a lot better than this. I will most likely have to switch banks, but that can be difficult too so I keep hoping they get their act together. But that is looking less and less likely.Thank you for your feedback Is this review helpful?
Reviewed By PLaboon Aug 2, 2016
Worst Bank In Pittsburgh
This company is the WORST. Not only did they screw up an international wire transfer which cost my $4,000 they randomly turned off all our debit cards without contacting us which ruined a $50,000 ad campaign. There is no branch managers in the office and no one knows what's going on or can provide any answers other than "We're look into it and call you back". I desperately wanted to use a small local Pittsburgh Bank (even though my rates are higher...) but more often than not there is a reason they are dying and no one wants to use them.Thank you for your feedback Is this review helpful?
Reviewed By vibes86 Jul 6, 2016
Great for bank accounts, Horrible for mortgages
My husband and I have had bank accounts with First Commonwealth for YEARS and loved their service at each bank branch we've used. However, I would never recommend them for a mortgage. We had a loan officer with 20 years+ of experience that was a disaster to work with and we almost lost out on our home because of the following:
1. Rejected the first loan application because they didn't read our credit report correctly regarding the type of loan we had on our first home.
2. The loan officer asked for items near the close of business on the day items were due after being repeatedly told we didn't have access to a scanner after work hours.
3. Repeatedly asked for the same items over and over. Once claiming she didn't have her computer with her at work.
4. Kept stating we would be good to close even when she didn't really know. We specifically asked several times if we needed to delay closing so the bank could get their paperwork done. We all felt lied to.
5. Originally, she was more than helpful and polite. However, the week before closing, she stopped taking phone calls and would only respond via email. She continued to promise that we would get the clear to close on time but she delayed us three times.
6. Stopped responding all together one evening that the clear to close was due. She did not answer her phone or email all day and sent what she said was the "last item" and then disappeared. She asked for the "last item" about 20 times in one week.
7. Our mortgage committment was extended twice due to her asking for items at the close of business instead of asking for them while the rest of the loan staff were in the office.
8. I ended up tracking down her supervisor and a Senior VP I know in the corporate division who were more than helpful in getting our loan in on time. If it weren't for Tom Sullivan and Earl Martin, we would have lost our dream home.
I would not recommend FCB for mortgages and I especially wouldn't recommend Lisa Fleming.Thank you for your feedback Is this review helpful?