Most Popular Accounts
About the Credit Union
Established in 1956, Star One Credit Union is headquartered in Sunnyvale and is the 3rd largest credit union in the state of California. As of March of 2014, it had grown to 170 employees and 91,904 members. Star One Credit Union is also the 9th largest credit union in the nation.
Star One Credit Union Fees
- National Average
- Monthly Inactivity N/A $6
- Non-Sufficient Fund (Overdraft) N/A $30
- Stop Payment item $13 $27
- Return Deposit $13 $13
- Domestic Wire Transfer (Outbound) $20 $22
- Domestic Wire Transfer (Inbound) $0 $10
No Fee, No Refund $1.0
Star One Credit Union Membership Requirements
Star One offers membership to employees of specific companies, Star One Credit Union employees, immediate family members of current Star One members, and individuals who live, work, or attend school in Santa Clara County.
Latest Customer Reviews
Reviewed By JoannaSears Jun 7, 2016
Best Small Credit Union in the Bay Area. Period
We have been members of Star One CU for many years. We moved our mortgage to be serviced by Star One figuring that if we pay any interest, better pay it to a credit union.
Things we really like about this very small bank:
* They treat customers with great respect and love
* There are no fees for any of the services we normally use
* ATMs which belong to their affiliated networks don't charge fees either
* They are not a too big to fail bank, which needs to take excessive risk to grow earnings so they can pay their CEOs and other high officials obscene amounts of money
* They have never been bailed out by the tax payer
* We can do everything we need online, including depositing checks via their mobile app.
* They have automating overdraft protection from saving to checking
* They pay higher interests than any of the big banks on member balances
* They charge lower interest on mortgages than any of the big banksThank you for your feedback Is this review helpful?