Most Popular Accounts
About the Bank
UFB Direct an online banking division of BofI Federal Bank that offers checking accounts, savings accounts, and various types of loans. Its deposit accounts are known for rewards, high interest rates, and low fees.
UFB Direct Fees
- National Average
- Monthly Inactivity $0 $6
- Non-Sufficient Fund (Overdraft) $35 $30
- Stop Payment item $35 $27
- Return Deposit $35 $13
- Domestic Wire Transfer (Outbound) $35 $22
- Domestic Wire Transfer (Inbound) $0 $10
ATM servicer may charge a fee $1.0
Latest Customer Reviews
Reviewed By E11 Apr 11, 2016
ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO USE UFB DIRECT
We opened a savings account online with UFB. After it was approved, we transferred a sizable amount of money from an American bank into the account. Approximately two weeks later we found that they had closed our account (they would not disclose why) and they were sitting on our money. They would not send the money back to our bank even though UFB was the one who cancelled the account. So, here we are three weeks out and still no money. This is what I would expect from a third world country. We have filed a complaint with the Federal regulators and now we wait.Thank you for your feedback Is this review helpful?
Reviewed By hrishikul Apr 1, 2015
Don't open your account here
I opened Savings account at UFB Direct which subsidiary of Bank of Internet, I had very bad experince, be aware its not customer friendly bank
1. No Free ACH Transfers from your non UFB account, its very hard to move money
2. Fluctuates interest rate, so if you open account when interest rate is high, within month it will go way below than competitor banks
3. If you take your money out before last day of the month, whatever interest you have earned for that month will be forfeited, its not mentioned anywhere.Thank you for your feedback Is this review helpful?
Reviewed By Glennn3 Mar 4, 2015
Got the runaround
I tried to open a trust account with UFB, but got nowhere, just demands for more paperwork that I'd already sent in, some of which they wanted notarized. After TWO months I gave up.Thank you for your feedback Is this review helpful?