Joining the ranks of the American Express and Visa Black Card, Chase Card Services, announced today the launch of Chase Sapphire, a rewards card designed for the affluent market. Chase has claimed this card to be the next generation of reward cards designed to address the needs of the top 15 percent of U.S. households by income who expect premium rewards, outstanding value, and exceptional service. The Chase Sapphire concept will come in the form of two product offerings – Chase Sapphire and Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Eileen Serra, president, Affluent/High Net Worth business, Chase Card Services went on to say, “We designed Chase Sapphire to meet the needs of affluent consumers who seek rewards programs offering value, flexibility and meaning. Chase Sapphire addresses these needs by allowing cardmembers to use their points anytime, anywhere, for just about anything, without any restrictions.”
Chase Sapphire Benefits:
Premier Travel Benefits
- Unrestricted benefits, including no annual spending caps, points that never expire and no travel restrictions or blackout dates on travel reward redemption.
- Premier travel benefits such as trip cancellation insurance, lost luggage protection, rental car insurance, emergency service assistance, and an interactive online travel concierge.
Premium Cardmember Service
- Direct access to specially trained advisors – dedicated cardmember service 24 hours a day, seven days a week – guaranteed.
Ultimate Rewards Program
- Meaningful and easily accessible rewards, to include travel, special experiences, merchandise and cash back. Customers can earn points and redeem for what they actually want.
- Cash-back option starting at 5,000 points = $50.
- “Pay Yourself Back” feature allows card members to purchase items on their own and simply use their points to pay for the purchase, starting at 2,500 = $25.
- Free access to dining recommendations through Zagat® and booking with Open Table®.
- Merchant-funded rewards from 300+ retailers available through the Ultimate Rewards Bonus Mall.
- One point for every one dollar spent; two points for every one dollar spent on airline travel when booked through the Ultimate Rewards travel tool.
Chase Sapphire Preferred®Benefits:
Chase Sapphire Preferred®provides enhanced benefits for a $95 annual fee, waived for the first year. Chase Sapphire Preferred®offers: one-to-one point transfer to leading airline and hotel programs, points worth 25 percent more when redeeming for travel online, a spend bonus of 10,000 points for customers spending $50,000 annually, and enhanced identity protection.