Visa recognizes that consumer-directed healthcare is on the rise and consumers are currently running into additional responsibilities when it comes to managing medical expenditures. The Visa Healthcare Card is Visa’s answer to the complicated world of health services. It equips employers with a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) combined with a Health Savings Account (HSA), which is a consumer-controlled and portable savings fund.
Both allow consumers to save pre-tax dollars on qualified expenses. Visa wants to make it easier for consumers to access these pre-tax funds so they are able to pay when they need to.
Some of the Card’s Features:
- Line of credit. If there is a gap in HSA funding, you will be able to use a personal line of credit in order to cover this costs.
- One-card solution. Visa HSA cards can be combined with your health insurance identification card to decrease the bulk in your wallet and give you one less thing to worry about.
- Multi-purpose capability. Having multiple cards can be a hassle. Visa can offer a “stacked” account that combines HSA-eligible Flexible Spending accounts and Health Reimbursement Arrangements as well as a line of credit all on one multi-purpose Visa card.
- ATM & Merchant Category Code (MCC) Restrictions. The card is designed to give you the choice of utilizing it as an ATM and MCC card or just one of the two. You can also go with the no restriction option.
Overall Benefits of the HSA card:
- Tax Advantages. Consumers that withdraw funds from an HSA can enjoy their money at a tax-free when they need to pay for medical expenses. Unused funds roll over to the next year and continue to grow tax free.
- Family Coverage. These cards allow for spouse and dependent coverage even if they are not covered by HDHP.
- Fund Security. If you leave your employer, you are entitled to keep the funds in your HS because you actually own the funds in your HSA account.
- Contribution. The employer and/or individual can contribute to the HSA account at any point.
This card basically provides a convenient way to access funds, and earn favorable tax benefits. Visa believes that employers can expect an increase in employee participation due to the convenience of these cards. Visa knows that HSAs are going to become a popular method of managing healthcare costs and it would like to be there to help.
To find out more about the Visa Healthcare Card click here.