Just in time for the holidays, American Express announced the addition of a number of new travel benefits for their Platinum Card Members. Among the new benefits, is a $200 Airline Fee Credit.
It seems American Express is looking to keep their current members happy this holiday season. First, the announcement of the Zynga partnership, which gives members the ability to apply their rewards to social games and now giving their Platinum members incentives to keep their card active.
To take advantage of these new benefits card members enroll and download the following perks at americanexpress.com/transformtravel:
- $200 Airline Fee Credit – Cut those pesky bag fees or get a real meal on your next flight by having American Express cover up to $200 per year. The $200 credit can be applied to baggage fees, flight change fees, in-flight food and airport lounge day passes. Take advantage of the deal now: Card members who enroll and select the qualifying airline of choice at americanexpress.com/transformtravel on December 1 will receive the full $200 2010 benefit before the year ends.
- 20% Travel Bonus – When Card members use the Membership Rewards® Pay with Points feature to pay for part or all of their travel including airlines, hotels, cruises and vacation packages, they will get 20% of those points credited back to their account to bring them closer to their next trip. For example, if a Card member redeems 30,000 points to pay for an airline ticket, American Express will credit 6,000 points to the Card member’s Membership Rewards account.
- American Express Travel App – If you are traveling, you are probably on your mobile. To help include the new benefits, Amex is offering unlimited access to a new complimentary mobile app, valued at $49/year. The new app acts like a personal travel assistant, providing trip management by bringing together a suite of mobile travel tools to organize and share travel plans, real time flight updates, and more.
Along with the new benefits, the card also offers:
- Airport Lounge Access: Complimentary access to many domestic airport club lounges including American Airlines Admirals Club®, Delta Sky Club(TM) and our newest partner, US Airways® Club.
- Fine Hotels & Resorts Program: Card members who stay at one of more than 650 properties that are a part of Program will receive a room upgrade (upon availability), daily continental breakfast for two, and more.
- Platinum Travel Service and Platinum Card Concierge: Card members have access to the Platinum Travel Service – 24-hours a day, 365 days a year – to help them plan both business and leisure trips.
Incase you are currently not an American Express Platinum Card Member, they have a promotion running were you can earn 50,000 membership rewards bonus points when you spend $1000 in your first 3 months of opening the account.
We do want to point out that there is an annual fee of $450, which is not waived for this offer, but you will earn all of the other benefits listed above.