An annual fee of $450 may seem outrageous, but the American Express Platinum Card definitely pays for itself for those that take advantage of all the perks. This card is designed for frequent travelers. With no interest charge or foreign transaction fees, this card can prove very valuable.
Card highlights (Updated 3/11/14):
- $450 annual fee
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- With the Platinum Card, you can receive up to $200 a year in statement credits for airline incidental fees like checked bags fees, flight-change fees, and snacks.
- To receive the statement credit, you need to enroll and select a qualifying airline.
- There are no foreign transaction fees with purchases made on your Platinum Card.
- Platinum Card Concierge is your personal resource to help secure a last minute restaurant reservation, or shop for a hard-to-find gift.
- Terms & restrictions apply.
The $200 incidental fee reimbursement is from incidental charges made by airlines. Fees like baggage claim, flight-change, in-flight food, and beverages are reimbursed for an amount up to $200. Half of the card can almost pay for itself for frequent travelers.