(Update 3/11/14: "Noteworthy features" bullets updated.)
The TrueEarnings Card from Costco and American Express is another rewarding card for gasoline purchases, and if you're a Costco member, guess what? The card is free.
Gasoline Reward: 2 percent cash back on gas
Noteworthy Card Features
- 3% Cash back at US gas stations and on gasoline at Costco up to $4,000 per year in purchases, then 1%
- 2% cash back at US restaurants; 2% cash back on eligible travel purchases, including at Costco; 1% cash back on other purchases, including at Costco
- You will receive your cash back annually in the form of a reward coupon
- The Two-In-One Card: it's an American Express® Card and Costco membership Card, with no annual fee for Costco members
- APR of 15.24 percent is mediocre
- 0 percent on purchases for 6 months -- a significantly shorter bonus offer, and balance transfers are not mentioned
- No bonus offer after meeting a spending requirement, like the previous three cards
- Reward is mailed once a year as a rebate certificate, and those looking to exchange for cash must physically go to Costco.
- Rewards limit capped at $4,000 for gas