MBT uses your personally identifiable information as follows:
- To improve MBT's marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve MBT's content and product offerings, and customize MBT's content, layout, and services;
- To contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Web Site;
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
MBT does not currently sell your personally identifiable information. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
Advertisers. MBT may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. For example, MBT may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose it to network advertisers in a non-personally identifiable manner as set forth in the section entitled "Network Advertisers," set forth below. MBT does not disclose your information in a personally identifiable manner to such third party advertisers without your consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, MBT reserves the right (and you authorize MBT) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when MBT determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- You are interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, MBT's rights or property;
- You are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- Necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- Requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
MBT may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to the Web Site and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- The type of Internet browser you use;
- The type of computer operating system you use;
- The domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- Whether or not you visit specific pages of the Web Site or other Web sites;
- The location of your Internet service provider's point of presence;
- The date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- Search keywords passed from another server;
- The number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- Other interactions between you and a Web site.
"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. MBT, its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. MBT, and its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie (and a Web beacon, described below) to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
"Web beacons", also called single-pixels (1x1) or clear GIFs, are electronic images that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those Web sites. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web beacons.
Personally identifiable information you submit to MBT is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas MBT uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises MBT security measures, MBT will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party's ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
Access and Use of the Web Site
the Web Site is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. MBT does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.