MyBankTracker rated Wells Fargo based on the following criteria that includes real customer reviews and bank fees, among others. Our bank report card is a proprietary rating system that highlights the financial health and stability of the bank.
I started at wells fargo bank when they were called first interstate 28 years ago. I have excellent credit and have never been late on a credit card payment in 32 years with well over $150,000. 00 in lines of credit. I have a checking account, a savings account, and three wells fargo credit cards, that, up until yesterday had $13,000. 00 credit between them.
Three years ago, in january of 2009, i had a $20,000. 00 credit line at wells fargo. I borrowed a cash advance of $14,000. 00 for a business plan. I paid the full amount off in six weeks time! And, that is during a recession! Their thank you was to send me a letter a month later and cut my credit line down to $7,500. 00. Why? There was no reason given and when i called them, it got nowhere. I, as a taxpayer, helped wells fargo get their $25 billion bailout in 2009, so how do they treat me when i am never late on a payment in 28 years?
They chop my credit in half, the bunch of double-crossing idiotic jerks. In 2010, i borrowed $4,000. 00 once again against my wells fargo marstercard. Once again, in a recession, i paid the lump sum off a few weeks later. How did wells fargo thank me? A month later, they cut my credit in half again and made it $3,000. 00. This is the last straw. I borrowed a cash advance this year, in 2012, and paid it off in full, for $2,200. 00, on friday, june 22, 2012. I went online four days later to check my account, and, bam! , i found that wells fargo chopped my credit card down to $1,000.
This was so insulting that it is stupid. I am not staying with a bank where i borrow a total of $22,000. 00 during a recession and pay it off each time within weeks of borrowing, just to watch them disrespect me. It is time to pull my money out and go elsewhere. If they ever ask for another bailout from taxpayers again during my lifetime, then i will protest it at every turn. They are jerks and they do not deserve favors from american taxpayers and they don't deserve our business.
I am a customer of Wells Fargo bank till end of 2012. I have checking account and was my mortgage company till March 31, 2015.
Trouble i had from Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070
1. When i try to make my 1st Mortgage Payment Banker Apply for credit card for me without asking.
2. They close my checking account without asking on June 2014. Then they create new account for me.
3. I went to Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070 and personally get information for Wire Transfer from overseas, and same day midnight they close my checking account without any reason or warning. I went to Wells Fargo bank located in Rutherford, NJ 07070 again and i ask the reason for closing they didn't find any reason, after my 3rd attempt they recover my same account. My Wire refund after 10 days back to sender but i loose some amount of money and time, and i pay twice for wire transfer fee for the bank transfer from overseas and origination bank and one for Wells Fargo bank.
4. I refinanced my mortgage with another bank end of March 31, 2015. and Wells Fargo start charging Monthly fee for my checking account beginning April 7 statement again without any warning (email, mail, text message or call)
5. I contact Wells Fargo via phone call and ask them to refund my $13 back. They reject to refund. I am going to close my checking account and i advice to every one DO NOT WORK with Wells Fargo Bank. I have my statement to proof all above that.
Wow. This was the most ridiculous call I made today. I submitted a Personal Loan Request Online, which was automatically denied. I then called the Wells Fargo, personal loan service center and was connected to a live person. Not much, but she was polite. She talked so fast, half the time I couldn't understand her at all. Anyway, what I think I heard was that I would receive an answer in the mail within 30 days. What do they request you contact them just to get the same information I got in an email? Go Figure. I have three accounts at Wells Fargo, probably a big mistake... so, since they don't appreciate my business, I will be moving my accounts shortly. Good Credit. Never Late on Payments. What more can you ask for? Hmmmm . not good enough for them. See Ya WF