closed account. bank of internet sent a check with remaining balance that was not valid, so was unable to deposit. almost two weeks later and still haven't gotten a response (or the funds) from their customer service.
I wonder if the other customers have gotten similar experience with the SAF Branch. They make far too many serious mistakes, and are very slow in correcting them (if they eventually decide to do so). You should double check and calculate your interest payment to make sure they are not underpaid. Mine has been underpaid for about half. They also haven't been keeping their promise. If you also have such experience, please let it known so that they can improve their service.
Definitely not a place if you are looking for real advise on financial matters. Representative do not have the knowledge beyond the basics. Experience, knowledge, and customer service does not seem to be high on the list when hiring candidates. It seems that personality is the only trait HR looks for when hiring individuals. However, pure personality does not take you far enough. Definitely do not recommend BOI.
Attempted to open a rewards checking account. Went through the standard online application and was told I would receive back confirmation in 4-5 hours. After no word back in two days I called and was told I needed to mail my drivers licence (note not a copy of my licence) to an address in San Diego. After some very un-helpful back and forth with an offshore customer service rep I gave up. Total let down, avoid!
While the interest rates may be marginally higher & fees and charges marginally lower, the stellar customer service I had 10 years ago is gone. Now, every complaint submitted automatically gets a "resolved" & I have to resubmit multiple times -- some have still not been addressed. My issues include:
- my account was accessed by someone from Intuit as I received an email with Intuit.com. I did not authorize any non-bank personnel to do anything to my account at the time. When I reported it, I was told they were "fixing the issue with text messages" (see below) but the issue isn't fixed
- the Intuit software driving the online system is terrible
- they've brought in more 3rd parties that receive my data (e.g. the service that prepares the statements for them) - clearly they don't care about my privacy
- they do not actually "register" my computer and I have to do this every time
- although there is a button, I no longer get text messages and have to use the "call me" to register my computer
- you cannot send money to "anyone" as stated ... "anyone" must be in the US (how arrogant is that!)
- my debit card does not work in ATM terminals overseas, even if the network supported is on the card and ATM - apparently overseas ATMs expect a chip on the card which BofI has not supplied and they are unable to tell me when they will do this
- I snapped a clear deposit photo 4x today with my Galaxy 3, following their advice, but it wasn't accepted
- the automatic scanning feature stopped working for me a while ago and I have to scan manually now (no change on my scanner)
- today the manual scan received a java security error (I'm running the latest copy of java) and I had to manually allow the BofI plug in
- took an hour to make a deposit which should have finished in 55 minutes
- I wrote a letter to the bank with some of these issues in August. Got a call from customer service but no resolution
- wrote a letter adding new issues 15 days ago