I went to set direct deposit back up with the bank again...
When I called the call center in Ohio they informed me that I had a small negative balance outstanding from 9/30/13 and that the account would close on 10/30/13 unless I paid the money.
I informed them that I was on a tight budget and that my direct deposit would hit on 10/31/13 and he said they would not close the account just go into one of the branches and they will assure no problems.
The assistant manager Carmen at the branch on Rt 9 in the Pathmark Old Bridge, NJ said she would speak directly to risk to make an exception to keep the account open and to close it Nov 1st if the money didn't hit or was covered.
On October 30th I went into the branch for another issue and she informed that the account would be closed and reopened on 10/31/13 by the risk department.
Risk apparently had no notes in regards to this.
Their branch in Monroe, NJ where I set up the account said they could not help me since I didn't deal with them directly on this matter.
I was a customer of NY Community Bank for nearly 33 years and I cannot how I was screwed over and treated.
I am considering suing the bank for emotional distress and aggravation caused by this since my paycheck was not received because they closed the account and now I have to wait from my employer to cut me a check.
i also have to open up a new checking account as well which is an inconvenience.
If there are any lawyers reading this that can help me please respond.
The customer service is piss poor- they tell you nothing when you are trying to pay, set up an electronic fund transfer, and no one is there to help you. Or they are, but no one gives you consistent and appropriate advice. Awful bank to have your mortgage with and don't even try to pay off your mortgage like a responsible person. Wow!
I am a customer of bank of America for about 7 years that I just arrived in US and opened my account in San Francisco. I always was happy with them until last year that I moved in stony brook and chose the centereach branch for my business with the bank of America.
One day, I had a shared check to me and my husband and I had to deposit to my account. because my husband was not available and our shared bank is the one just in CA. One of the manager had said to me if my husband just sign off the back of the check with a copy of his ID, I should be fine to deposit that check, since my husband was not in NY at the time. When another day I was going to deposit the check, there was another manager who acted very rude and said that they are not allowed to do that service.
While I could do the same service by opening a new account in other bank (TFCU), from that day I decided ever never go to this brach of bank of america and even decided for future to close my account with bank of america. They should be more careful to select the better managers and have better customer service in everywhere!
Many unacceptable errors by AmtrustDirect of New York Community Bank.
1. Bank accepted my order for an ACH deposit transfer, then executed it before the date we scheduled, subjecting me to a NSF fee taken by the sending bank.
2. Bank accepted my order for an ACH deposit transfer, then it disappeared from the pending transaction queue without its execution or any explanation.
3. Bank accepted my nomination of a bill pay payee and my direction to make a payment. Then the scheduled payment disappeared from the pending transaction queue before execution without any explanation, subjecting me to a large late payment fee. All the details about my payee also disappeared from my online account without any explanation.
4. Bank enrolled me in a transfer service I did not want or order and started taking fees for it from my account.
5. Bank changed the WWW domain for online account access without any notice to me.